Your office set up and design has a direct impact on your business. From a client’s first impressions, to the atmosphere for your team, everyone notices and feeds off of the vibes they get when they walk in and see your office design.
The most notable (and largest) space in your office is your wall space. Most companies just throw a bland, pale-yellow (yuck) splash of paint on and hope it lasts for the next 20 years. We believe that each space in your office needs to fulfil a purpose, for example, quiet or serious meeting spaces, fun communal spaces, clean kitchen and eating areas etc.
Colours and patterns can help distinguish the character of a room. For example, a concrete pattern will make the room appear more contemporary and industrial. A floral pattern may make the room look more elegant and feminine.
Here are 3 reasons you should be using wallpaper in your office:
1. Office wallpaper is more sustainable
Not only do modern wall coverings, such as custom mural wallpaper, beautify any commercial interior design, they’re also an economical choice.
In comparison to paint, premium quality office wallpaper will:
- Last longer: Good wallpaper lasts 15-25 years, or even longer if maintained well. Office wallpaper can last up to five times longer than paint, which means you won’t have to spend valuable resources on design upkeep.
- Require less maintenance: Most quality wall coverings can be easily scrubbed and cleaned, which means less money spent on labour and repairs over time. Depending on the size of your space, washable wallpaper could save you a significant amount per year.
2. Office wallpaper can increase productivity
Did you know that happy workers are more productive on average? You can improve team spirit by improving your office environment with good interior design. With the right wall coverings, your office can create a calm, engaging, and/or energizing atmosphere that enables your people to work more efficiently. Office wallpaper can also reduce noises coming in from outside, such as the sounds of traffic.
3. Office wallpaper provides a clean look
Using washable wallpaper in high traffic locations, such as hallways and communal, social rooms, can save you on maintenance, as it’s designed to handle consistent wear and tear. On the other hand, painted walls will require more frequent cleaning and repairs.
Choosing the right wallpaper
Here are some things to consider when choosing a wallpaper for your office:
- Great for: What type of workspace is this wallpaper best suited for?
- Mood: What kind of mood or character does this wallpaper convey?
- Usage: Would this wallpaper be a suitable choice for a feature wall or used for all walls in a room?